A new Me!!

When that finger rises up and points to the ceiling as soon as the beat hits, my heart skips a beat and I look and think in wonder how has he grown up so quickly. It seems like it was yesterday when I tried to feed him his first mother's milk, and he was refusing to latch to my boobs. It was one of the most painful things i experienced.

Well yes!! I am a mom of a beautiful baby boy. Who would have thought that! After being diagnosed with MS in 2013, this day seemed really far fetched.  It had been a year or so since I had left Tecfidera. I was feeling good, doing good, no relapse or anything.  After a fun filled trip to Thailand  with my brother and niece, within a month of coming back Bam! just like that i got pregnant.


I never thought it would be so easy for me...no.medications, no treatments, no waiting.

It happened, I was kinda prepared and unprepared.

I had the most amazing  and fulfilling 9 months of my life. 11 hrs of labor and a vaginal delivery. 

Yay!!i did it. That day had finally come...when it happened I was clueless how my life will change forever.

A life is now attached to me, it's part of me to take care of, outside of me  Crazy isn't it??..it was very very  difficult initially all the sleepless nights, fatigued and feeling of not living the life you lived 24 hrs ago, lots of happy tears and painful tears but as each day passed by, me and my baby learnt how to comfort each other.


Since that day till today..I gave it all, I am giving my all and will give my all.


MS started to trigger initially then it got better, then it came and got better but mostly  I am doing well.  I am able to do everything with the help of my family. 

Before i gave birth, i used to fear about going up and down the stairs holding a baby. I couldn't even hold a tray, cause sometimes my leg would just freeze and I would feel that i am going to fall that literally i have to sit where i am and someone has to hold my hand and take me upstairs. All that fear of not able to do this or that just vanished away, i don't know how but it did.

I have breastfed my baby from the very first day till today..and it's been the most amazing decision I took. Thanks to my dear sister Vishaka who i look up-to, who has raised such amazing kids. She really taught me so many things, about feeding and what to do when. 
The day my son was born...that was the day  a new me was Born ... a beautiful part of me that i never knew existed .... everyone names it as ' Mother ' but I say it's ' Aarav' my son, My little Sunshine.


Comments

  1. You definitely do give it your all, and Aarav is lucky to have a mother as beautiful as you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to all.
    Keep strong and keep smiling and yes surely Aarav has wonderful amazing mother like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you..Keep inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya! Hope we continue to inspire each other always.

      Delete
  4. Beautifully written
    Motherhood allows us to explore our own boundaries
    Hats off to you for your journey
    And best wishes for future ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Supreet! It's only through a great support system of family and friends.

      Delete
  5. Love this post!
    So happy for you and the way you have expanded your beautiful family. Aarav is lucky to have a mom like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep writing. You give inspiration to many many out there and also include the meditation part which was the key to your success in your next post. SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU AND TO CALL YOU AS MY FRIEND..... ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a millionaire on Osi!! I am so lucky to have friends who supports me and take care of me.

      Delete
  7. Hey Rajo
    Beautifully expressed.
    The time we've spent during this phase has evovled all of us together.
    Yes i may know only the surface of it all but being close to the 3 of you, I've had a very good seat to observe (the depth of it all) all what you have expressed. Reading this was so nostalgic, it was like a walk down the memory lane.
    You have a very impressive writing style and that(i feel) mainly is coz you are strongly connected within yourself and that connection i feel is a result of Chanting and the Love/Respect you recieve from Aby-Aarav.

    Love you
    ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป❤️๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

    (I was looking for a perfect quote and look how God gave me one:

    Happiness is strange; it comes when you are not seeking it. When you are not making an effort to be happy, then unexpectedly, mysteriously, happiness is there, born of purity, of a loveliness of being.

    ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful quotes AJ. We are lucky have experience this beautiful journey together. thank you for acknowledging my writing. Much appreciated! Love you guys lots.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hope

The day I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.