Hope


"Hope, in this sense, is a decision.
It is the most important decision we can make.
Hope changes everything, starting with our lives.
Hope is the force that enables us to take action,
To make our dreams come true"
Dr. Daisaku Ikeda

Since the day I was diagnosed with MS,
I made a decision to be hopeful.

'I hope' each day and everyday.

When I conceived
I hoped that I deliver a healthy baby.
I hoped to remain healthy myself.
I also hoped to be able to give my baby breast milk as much as I could.

What ensued was, that, initially when my baby was born i.e. the first four weeks, I thought and felt that (only) breast feeding was the most stupid decision I had made. I could not sleep, it was painful. As time passed I got comfortable with the whole experience of Motherhood.  And I ended up giving my baby breast milk for 2 years. It was and will be the most beautiful yet enduring, amazing yet difficult, experience of my life so far.
I feel so proud of myself for being able to go through this whole experience with a smile. Though I was hopeful, yet at the back of my mind I worried about my Multiple Sclerosis symptoms and relapses.

Though my health was not really affected, yes sometimes I couldn't take it. My Multiple Sclerosis left leg would get tired, but on the other hand, I felt good and healthy during those 2 years.
Like a super woman, or should I say Super MOM.

MS was not even on my mind, even if I slightly felt that it was creeping in, I would do my best to ignore it on the surface. But on the inside I was praying and hoping that it will not come up, trying to ‘make it a decision’ as Sensei (Dr. Daisaku Ikeda) has said.

Multiple Sclerosis is not what I will be, because my baby needs me, A Hopeful Mother is what I Am., and always will be!





Comments

  1. Awesome pic redo. Amazing small brief yet powerful explanation of just Belief system. Well done as always.


    "Hope" more to follow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Osi! More will follow for sure
      I am happy you noticed the pic redo.

      Delete
  2. Proud of you and your journey
    Love & Light always♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a supportive friends like you makes it possible to fight any fight. Thank you! Love and light to you too.

      Delete
  3. Stay healthy, stay hopeful, stay strong..

    For we have so so many blessings to count

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have seen you go through struggles and how hopeful you have always been.loved every bit of the writing

      Delete
    2. @abhinav I am strong when you are beside me. And definitely we have many many blessings to count.

      Delete
    3. Thank you @unknown! I wished I knew who you are.

      Delete
  4. To Whoever says they don't exist I'll say Rajni is my superhero !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niti your support and kind words has always been amazing. Thank you so much. Big bug!

      Delete
  5. It's a beautiful post.
    Your hope and the strength that is within you is a great inspiration that we all look upto.. Keep Strong you are doing well and your son surely going to be proud to have such strong mother like you..Lots of love always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The only choice we have is to be hopeful and strong amidst any kind of suffering. Lots of love to you too. @unknown please tell who you are.

      Delete
  6. It speaks volumes about the mother in you..you are a super mum inside out.The mother in you is way more brave and persistent than the MS in you..and if it's a battle then Aaravs will be winning..every single time!
    Love always -Lasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aarav has to Win, for that I have to win first. Thanks Lasha!! Hugs

      Delete
  7. Beautifully expressed! Your strong willpower & determination coupled with positivity sees you through every hardship!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much @unknown. Please tell who you are.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Shaifali! More power to us all ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new Me!!

The day I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.